Muscovy not getting along with geese

csthomas

Chirping
Dec 30, 2023
Our Muscovy ducks don’t seem to like our geese and vice versa. They always pick on the geese. We’ve separated them because they always seem to get in a fight. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

My Muscovy drake and my Embden gander hated each other only during off breeding season could they be together in the half acre we have fenced for them. I don't think if they are penned together it will work.

How long have you had them? How big of a space?
The ducks came first. We’ve had them 9 months. We’ve had the geese 6 or 7 months now. The pen is a nice size but we let them free range. We have a pond too. The Muscovy ducks will not let the geese in the water. They will go after the geese. We have pilgrim geese so they’re not very aggressive and get beat up.

Had a muscovy drake would not let any other ducks near the feed box whenever I would fill them up.. had two; an easy 50 yds apart. On a 1/2 -3/4 acre pond. It would be almost a full day before the pekin or rouen derivitys could get to Eat. I finaly had enough of that one day when i was loading guns to head to deer camp. When he grabbed one of my best laying khakis to the point of her screaming and the drake to far away to Fight him off .. my rifle cracked and ended the drama.

sorry to say some muscovies are just mean and belong in a duck gumbo!! Or with muscovie only and not other breeds of ducks / fowl

Back
Top Bottom