osab

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 30, 2016
Hi there!

Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers trying to dump a juvenile Muscovy into a creek in North Texas. The bird wouldn't leave them, so I asked what was going on. They said they received the duck as a chick as an Easter gift, and no longer want it. The duck is approx 3 months old. I told them I'd find it a home for them.

I don't have the adequate resources to keep a duck, and all wildlife rehabilitators have turned me away because they already have too many ducks.

Does anyone here know of anyone, or any forums I can visit with people who are willing to take in the duck and (hopefully) integrate it into their flock?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Gee, I hope you home him fast. Why would anyone dump a muscovy? You can make them a pet, a layer, a breeder, a meal-they're one of the greatest multi purpose birds IMO.

...plus they're cool. And they just get cooler looking and acting as adults. Plus, plus they're quiet. Plus, plus, plus they eat snakes, spiders, and rodents like snacks (not that we have any anymore). That makes them super cool around here.

Back
Top Bottom