Mushroom foragers

Pics
Our morel season may already be over unless our rain last night brings them back out. We found about 15 nice sized morels in our same hunting location along the creek on our back 40.

Besides the gigantic puff balls shown earlier, we often find Chicken of the woods in late spring there too.

Good to see some morel talk!
wink.png
We haven't found any herevin Ohio yet, but have started planning our trip to Michigan for the end of May. Honestly, my favorite part about going to Michigan isn't finding mushrooms, it's the sights and family time.
smile.png

And you should stick to this story, otherwise your family will be hurt, unless they hunt mushrooms, then they will know it is bovine excrement.

Photo courtesy of the Iowa DNR. Weighs 1.5 pounds, 15 inches tall, 14 inches in circumference. Found south of Walnut, Iowa by some railroad tracks.

Oh wait I see now it was May 16, 2016 that it was picked.

ep.gif
tongue.gif

Last edited:
@Huntress78

I have circled the area I have found mushrooms at around New Ulm. I hope this helps you find them if you get a chance to go there.

I know how hard it can be to do a cold hunt..

Good Luck

Last edited:
@Huntress78

I have circled the area I have found mushrooms at around New Ulm. I hope this helps you find them if you get a chance to go there.

I know how hard it can be to do a cold hunt..

Good Luck

Hmmm Mankato, I have relatives there too....almost enough to make me a Vikings fan....not!
Well thanks for pinning that down for me...what a pal! I'll be sure to share my take with you.
wink.png

Happy Easter
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom