Mushroom foragers

I've been dying to go check where we found the huge growth of chicken of the woods last year but the weather and my work schedule have not been cooperating. It's either raining or just got done raining when I actualy have time to go. It's not an easy or short trek and it can be very rough when muddy. The entire hike is about a 5 mile loop with the growth being pretty much at the halfway point. Right now though, there's a nice, fresh layer of evil white fluffy stuff building up outside..... it's May.... that shouldn't be happening here!

It’s Morel mushroom season in Bend, Oregon. Morel’s are tricky to find as they like to grow under Manzanita bushes, in leaves/damp grass and next to tree stumps that camouflage them well. Foraging for mushrooms is a peaceful outdoor activity.
5CBA5363-7ADD-4F0E-BC70-C52A8121A65B.jpeg
DA2467DA-D9B6-4434-82D2-8E56096E5557.jpeg
B0ABF0A5-6A0A-4F3B-AF8E-A9E856C91936.jpeg

found a bunch of those early morels/ wrinkled thimble mushrooms or for those who like Latin Verpa bohemica.

anyone eat them? my field guide book says there edible with a few precautions, (like not eating a ton of them in one sitting), also read online that there good to eat just boil them first, and another said there just as safe as morels. (or the same risk as eating morels)

wondering if anyone as tried them. thanks.

found a bunch of those early morels/ wrinkled thimble mushrooms or for those who like Latin Verpa bohemica.

anyone eat them? my field guide book says there edible with a few precautions, (like not eating a ton of them in one sitting), also read online that there good to eat just boil them first, and another said there just as safe as morels. (or the same risk as eating morels)

wondering if anyone as tried them. thanks.
Photos needed. Thanx

Back
Top Bottom