Must find a LOVING home for 1 bantam cochin rooster-BAY AREA CA

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
UPDATE-WE ARE ONLY BEING FORCED TO GET RID OF OUR ROOSTER. HIS NAME IS LITTLE JERRY SEINFELD. HE IS A SIX MONTH OLD BLACK COCHIN BANTAM AND IS THE SWEETEST THING EVER. HE IS USED TO BEING TAKEN INSIDE EVERY NIGHT FOR VISITS, SO HE IS EXTREMELY TAME AND EVEN KNOWS THE WORD "CHEESE"
big_smile.png
HE IS PRETTY TINY AND CAN STAND RIGHT IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND AND LOVES TO BE TOTED AROUND. HE STILL CUDDLES UP INSIDE MY SHIRT AND STRETCHES OUT AGAINST MY BODY LIKE HE WOULD WITH A MAMA HEN
smile.png
AND GOES TO SLEEP. HE HAS JUST RECENTLY DISCOVERED GIRLS ALTHOUGH MOST OF THEM DON'T GIVE HIM THE TIME OF DAY BECAUSE HE IS 1/4 THEIR SIZE, SO IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE WITH BANTAMS WOULD TAKE HIM. HE WOULD MAKE BEAUTIFUL BABIES
smile.png
LAST YEAR WE HAD THIS SAME SITUATION WITH OUR ROOSTER, AND THE SO CALLED FRIEND OF THE FAMILY WE TRUSTED TO TAKE CARE OF HIM, KILLED HIM. SO FOR THIS REASON I AM BEING VERY CAREFUL FINDING A HOME FOR HIM. I DON'T WANT TO GIVE HIME TO ANYONE THAT RAISES ANIMALS FOR MEAT. I AM NOT TRYING TO ATTACK ANYONE, BUT I AM A VEGAN AND DO NOT BELIEVE IN HARMING ANIMALS FOR ANY REASON. THE ONLY WAY I CAN BE SURE HE IS NEVER HARMED IS TO FIND SOMEONE THAT BELIEVES THE SAME. I KNOW I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A CHANCE FINDING ANYONE, BUT IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE, LET ME KNOW.

9400_img_4719.jpg

THESE ARE FROM WHEN HE WAS A FEW MONTHS OLD.

9400_img_2933.jpg

9400_img_3006.jpg

9400_img_2897.jpg

9400_img_2582.jpg

9400_img_2487.jpg

9400_img_2607.jpg

We recentley had a miserable neighbor call the cops on us for having chickens. These are our pets and will only find a home for them with someone who will not eat them or sell them for slaughter, and will give them the BEST life possible. There are seven hens and a bantam rooster. So you will need to live in the country and LIKE roosters. They need to go together. We ended up with a rooster accidently a year ago, and thought we found a good home. A few weeks later, we found out that this person had killed them for making too much noise. For this reason, I am being extremely careful finding a home. I know that there is not much of a chance of finding someone that will promise on their life not to sell them for slaughter after a few years, but I am going to try. If not, I will need to give them to the animal sanctuary. I would like to find a home closer though, so that they will have more human interaction and we can visit them. The hens are all nine months old, the rooster, six months. He doesn't crow all that much, and is not too loud. But he is still young and might get more rooster like
smile.png
, so AGIAN if you don't like roosters, please don't respond. The hens are laying beautiful brown blue and green eggs. They are EE's and the rooster is a bantam cochin. We live in Alameda, so the closer the better. Here are some pictures. We are not sure which girls to re-home yet, so these are some random pictures of all of them.

9400_img_4943.jpg

9400_img_4895.jpg

9400_img_4858.jpg

9400_img_3260.jpg

9400_img_2975.jpg

9400_img_2860.jpg

9400_img_2694.jpg

9400_img_2231.jpg

Little Jerry Seinfeld

9400_img_4719.jpg

9400_img_3006.jpg

9400_img_2897.jpg

Some eggs

9400_img_3609.jpg

Last edited:
If you want I'll post this link to my yahoo chicken group that's in santa rosa area.. there are actually many people from all around the bay area in there. I'm sure someone would love to have them .

Nancy

I hope you find a great home for them. I think if you edit your title and put your area in the subject line you'll get more interest from people local to you. Good luck!

Quote:
Little Jerry, yes, he is a doll baby!!

Stupid neighbor.....what is he/she mad because the chickens wouldn't come play at her house?? They are sooo gorgous I'd have a pen for them in my FRONT yard for all of my neighbors to ohhh and ahhhh over!

I am guessing its not legal to have the chickens where you are. Such a shame you have to get rid of your babies you have a fine looking group. I wish you the best in finding them a good home. I wish I wasn't so far because they would be welcome at my place and your family would be welcome to come and play anytime.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom