MUST. FINISH. COOP! (Done!)

AWSOME. I HAD a plan for males but my dw thought different. so now I gotta build a rooster shack. Wish I also couldn't have roosters but that's not the case here.

Scott

Roosters = fertile eggs, fertile eggs + broody hens/incubator + more chicks, more chicks means get busy on that little coop of yours BH!

lau.gif

Gary

Hi I'm just down the hill from you so I know that area well. Are you free ranging up there or are you building a run. And you coop is just awesome looking.

Free range would not be a good idea, the coyotes, bobcats and mountain lions would be an issue. I do have a big fenced area where I plan to let them out plus the barn is pretty big with dirt floors to peck at, I stopped calling it a coop that implied small... lol

Just down the hill? Hey neighbor

Gary

Beautiful coop! Well done! I'm building one now and keep coming up with little details of things I want to do to it but trying to focus on just getting the actual structure up and covered so the gals can move in. The details can come later. Very impressed!

Hey Gary. I was wondering. I know a few up in garner valley who free range and they r always loosing chicken. I've been watching for property up the hill I can afford. Love it up there.
Free range would not be a good idea, the coyotes, bobcats and mountain lions would be an issue.  I do have a big fenced area where I plan to let them out plus the barn is pretty big with dirt floors to peck at, I stopped calling it a coop that implied small... lol

Just down the hill?  Hey neighbor

Gary

Back
Top Bottom