MUST. FINISH. COOP! (Done!)

IdyllwildAcres

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 3, 2016
In the mountains of Southern California
My Coop
My Coop
So after months of reasearch, and months of labor and more $ than I am willing to admit to I have finished, well at least the building itself is done interior yet to be done, my coop. I bring to you "Peeps Place"

First I had to dig out a level spot by the garage....

Thankfully I hired that part out:)

Nice deep footings....

Then the block foundation...

Then framing....

And more framing...

Then sheathing....

And more sheathing....

Then cut out the windows and egg door...

set up scaffolding and started staining and painting....

All painted, windows installed ( two more, side and back)
Looks good on the outside! Predator proof, all openings 1/2 inch hardware cloth. Dirt floor , 1ft concrete footings to deter diggers, I missed getting pics of the roof and skylights, but it has a roof!

I will update with interior pics as I finish up, for now I need to clean out the wood inside and get ready for my peeps in 10ish days!

I am so grateful to this community , I would have made a mess of this without you guys

Here are a couple inside pics, still working on it....

I will get a pic straight on of the brooder, it is in front of a window.

The loft..

Last edited:
Sweet!
Pics of inside coop?

That tree makes me nervous.
I will add pics of the inside and tag you, nothing done inside, just walls window skylights 12' ceilings and dirt floors. I still need to put in the loft, roost, brooder/chicken jail nest boxes...
Looking at this you would think MUST. FINISH. COOP! Lol
Finished enough for now, chicks will be brooding in there in about 10 days and I will just have to keep plugging along.
That tree is nothing, there is a 300 year old cedar twice the diameter of that pine gracing the sky above my house...

Gary

Back
Top Bottom