Must Have List

the more breeds I learn about, the more I love the Orpington.

I’ve got a few Buff Orps and they’re pretty pleasant girls. Mine aren’t as affectionate as some people report but I’ve got very few complaints about them. I think the only thing they do that annoys me sometimes is they tend to wander quite far when free ranging. They do seem to be the most physically agile of all my birds so maybe they need more physical activity and that’s why they’re always exploring new territory?

I’ve got a few Buff Orps and they’re pretty pleasant girls. Mine aren’t as affectionate as some people report but I’ve got very few complaints about them. I think the only thing they do that annoys me sometimes is they tend to wander quite far when free ranging. They do seem to be the most physically agile of all my birds so maybe they need more physical activity and that’s why they’re always exploring new territory?

I have several breeds that are much more active than the Orpingtons I've had but they do make very good foragers.

Since this thread brought them to mind, I've decided to hatch more next spring (or find chicks) so that is what I'll be adding: Chocolate, Crele, Partridge, Isabel and others English Orpingtons.

Hoping one of my BAs (that's all I have) goes broody. I'd love to hatch a couple eggs (BO x BA) and sneak in a couple pullet chicks, probably more BA. I had to cull two cockerels this last summer and hubby said no more boys. So maybe no eggs. But I'll keep reading and maybe the need to have other colors will infect me too.

Back
Top Bottom