My ❤️ Is with those who are mandatorily evacuating.

Thank you for reporting in, and I’m glad that at least the damage is manageable at your home (or at least it sounds like it?). Stay safe
Thank you. Yes, manageable. Blessed that all of our belongings should be intact when we get home. For the most part at least. I'll try to update and show pics of my damage when I get back home. Hoping to get back around Saturday. Waiting for things to settle a little. Make sure all the live wires are off of the road and that the trees are cleared enough for us to even get there. Lots of people evacuate with chainsaws so they can clear paths to get back home. I'm lucky enough to live in town so it won't be too long before it's cleared.

All we lost were shingles thank God. And the large magnolia tree in our front yard snapped at the top (it towers over our house) and scrapped up the very edge some. But better than the entire thing coming down into my house. Last summer I had to plop down nearly 3 grand to have a rotting hackberry tree chopped down from my back yard bc I was afraid of it falling on us during a hurricane. I was so bitter about that but now it's the best money I ever spent.

Just as an update to those who wanted to know.....
I am home for the first time today. Out of a flock of 12 I am missing 1.
My house is a disaster. Need new roof, floors in some rooms, walls in some rooms....my backyard is an utter wreck. Limbs and trees everywhere. Debris from buildings.
My neighbors have been so fantastic. They cleared my front yard and mowed my grass for me. I brought them whiskey and steaks. They kept my house from being looted. I can't speak highly enough about my community.
My city is destroyed essentially. It will be years before it starts to look like it did.
I can't even say how grateful I am to have a house. To still be healthy and alive
Glad we evacuated when we did. I have been scrolling through backyardchickens while evacuated. It has helped me to keep a bit of normalcy.
I don't have words to express my feelings. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I swear it saved our home. Thank you thank you thank you to this community when I needed a distraction from the realness of my situation.

Just as an update to those who wanted to know.....
I am home for the first time today. Out of a flock of 12 I am missing 1.
My house is a disaster. Need new roof, floors in some rooms, walls in some rooms....my backyard is an utter wreck. Limbs and trees everywhere. Debris from buildings.
My neighbors have been so fantastic. They cleared my front yard and mowed my grass for me. I brought them whiskey and steaks. They kept my house from being looted. I can't speak highly enough about my community.
My city is destroyed essentially. It will be years before it starts to look like it did.
I can't even say how grateful I am to have a house. To still be healthy and alive
Glad we evacuated when we did. I have been scrolling through backyardchickens while evacuated. It has helped me to keep a bit of normalcy.
I don't have words to express my feelings. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I swear it saved our home. Thank you thank you thank you to this community when I needed a distraction from the realness of my situation.

Thank you for keeping us apprised. Huge hugs from afar

Back
Top Bottom