My 2 ducks are fighting one is a bully!!! Help!

Hi Friends!
I am new to ducks, I got two ducklings on may 20th a white crested and a blue runner they have been together since I got them and have always got along well and seemed very bonded. Fast forward to today and I found the runner duck grabbing my poor crested by the hair tuff and dragging him/her around!! they have never fought and have been very bonded does anyone know why the aggression all of a sudden? I don't know if they are boys or girls I think they are both girls by the quack but I am inexperienced so I could be wrong. Poor DRE (white crested ) is such a mellow duck and does not fight back so I feel so bad!! Any advice appreciated! Thank you!!
Please do be careful with this, what a lot of people don't know is that crested ducks look that way due to a hole in the back of skull, leaving the brain pretty unprotected.
I'm sure your girls(?) will calm down, but if ever you see the runner grabbing the back of the crested's head and being too rough- you may want to separate them briefly, just until they calm down.
Perhaps I'm overly cautious, but thats just what I would do.

Please do be careful with this, what a lot of people don't know is that crested ducks look that way due to a hole in the back of skull, leaving the brain pretty unprotected.
I'm sure your girls(?) will calm down, but if ever you see the runner grabbing the back of the crested's head and being too rough- you may want to separate them briefly, just until they calm down.
Perhaps I'm overly cautious, but thats just what I would do.
Thank you, I did read this about the crested duck pretty interesting, so far I have only seen the one incident but It did cause me alarm since they have never done that and seem very bonded so far I have not seen the behavior again but I am on the lookout!

Back
Top Bottom