my 3 ducks eggs are hatching! 2 are out!

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Today is day 27 (ending tonight) and 2 ducklings are already out and the 3rd (and last) is zipping now. See them here...
babygoslingsandducklings011.jpg

babygoslingsandducklings014.jpg

Baby Blue Swedish and Baby Cayuga
I only put 3 eggs in to test fertility. My son wants 1 for his College Apt pet (not sure yet) and the other 2 will be sold. I've got lots of eggs if anyone else want to try hatching their own. They seem to hatch easier than chicken eggs for me.
Lisa

Thanks-hope yours do well too!
Now there are 3!
2 blues and 1 black. The black is either mixed Cayuga X Swedish or all Black Swedish. I though all Cayuga because her feet and bill are jet black. But there is a smattering of yellow fuzz on her chest.
I'll take pics of all 3 when the latest one is dry and fluffy. They are so cute and tiny (compared to my new goslings.)
Lisa

Oh my the duckies are SOOO cute. Lisa where are you located? I might be interested in hatching some, I don't know much about the Swedish but I really like the Cayuga's .

Let me know.

Too funny bout your son, sounds like a messy apt pet. He might have to get a duck diaper!

Nancy

Quote:
I'm in NJ. I've shipped these eggs and they do well. The Swedish ducks and Cayugas all run together and act just like each other.They are the same size too. I have to see my black ones from the front or side to see if its a Cayuga or Black Swede. All nice ducks. Just let me know. I've got a dozen eggs gathered from last last 3 days...(Wed-Fri) They've really picked up in laying more eggs/day just this week. I can ship out tomorrow and have them there by Monday probably. Pm me if interested.

Yes, if he (and his roomies) all want a pet duck, they'll have to get ducky diapers. I sent him the link from this forum to see what he's getting into with that. Also I'm trying to discourage him, as 1 duck can get lonely. Not to mention, college kids' lifestyles tend to not be the best for a pet duck. We'll see. Actually, they're out in May and these ducklings were just hatched today. They wouldn't be ready to go until sometime in April. Not much point then.

new baby pics...

babygoslingsandducklings035.jpg

babygoslingsandducklings032.jpg

babygoslingsandducklings040.jpg

babygoslingsandducklings039.jpg

tomorrow they'll go in the brooder box with the goslings. hope that works out ok.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom