My Anconas came this evening!!!

I seem to recall reading in Storey's that a certain percentage of Anconas will come out white, if you have lightly marked birds breeding to lightly marked birds.

What I can't figure about coloration in Anconas is why there is no distinction between lilac and lavender. Isn't one chocolate + blue and the other chocolate + silver?

Quote:
I need to try and get my book back from my neighbor and look and see what it says. I dont know about the more complicated colors
hu.gif

aaawwwww I am pretty sure that is a silver Congrats.

toadbriar - I believe in the ancona genetics lilacs do not exist because of the double recessive and dilute thingy. I am sure if you breed light to light you could get white but most breeders do not do that, they breed for color and markings
wink.png
Boondockers bought all of Holderread's stock and I seriously doubt Holderread's maintain light breeders.

adorable! anconas are the best. i love how different they all are. i look forward to adding some from boondockers next season. gorgeous!

m.kitchengirl :

adorable! anconas are the best. i love how different they all are. i look forward to adding some from boondockers next season. gorgeous!

I have been very pleased! They had a lot of bad rep but I wanted to see for myself and I am so glad I did!​

Back
Top Bottom