my anxiety is rising

Sounds like a problem our town has. There is a very old airport at one edge of town where a bunch of little planes land. There is another very big international airport out beyond town. Well, there is an organization now led by one very squeaky wheel who is stating the little airport is dangerous and reducing his property values and he is petitioning to have it removed. It doesn't seem to matter to him that the little airport was there long before he bought his house, that a lot of young people have learned to fly without getting tangled with jumbo jets, and no one has lost a house in all these years by being near the little airport. I feel if it bothers him so much, maybe he should move or not have bought by the airport. Just sayin'. You'd think there should be some consideration to those who were there first and doing a good job with their neighbors before squeaky wheels arrived on the scene

I'm with you Sour..

Last edited:
Just tell them, if they limit the number- you're getting these.

giant_dog.jpg

Imp- deep breaths

I am making lists- who is essential, who is expendable, who do I care for the most, who will have to be euthanised? How can I make these decisions???? I spoke to our AC agent who assures me that, "We are not after you. We are going for those who are causing problems." Well, do that then! Don't pass restrictive regulations that will force me to make the decisions that I am facing.

Very much so. That particular agent may not (or may just say) they are not targeting you, but any change of hands on a lead position or more lobby and pressure from AR groups, and that will not stay the same. I would try to get a group together to very loudly fight this personally. The public has been very specifically targeted to feel a certain way about animals and breeders, so how much of this is actually about people causing problems is very questionable.

Edit: whoops, somehow missed the other 5 pages of this. Great to hear you are fighting this.

Last edited:
You raise a very significant point. This particular AC agent who happens to be a friend and neighbor has resigned because of small town politics/conflicts. I have already had a run in with the new agent over a possibly rabid raccoon.

Back
Top Bottom