My Araucana & Ameraucana eggs! Now with PICS ;)

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Well, I candled some eggs tonight... The Ameraucanas went in the bator on the 16th and the Araucanas on the 17th
smile.png
So far so good
smile.png
I did have one Araucana egg that I candled that had a loose air cell... and it is probably scrambled, but I will leave it a few day more just in case . I was worried as it was the first Araucana egg I candled tonight.... but, I'm happy, no ecstatic to report that the following 4 Araucana eggs I candled had little chickies growing in them!
wee.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif

And the Ameraucanas look fabulous! I only candled about 5 but they all had growth!
big_smile.png

I have one lone Welsummer egg... and it appears to have a loose air cell, not holding out much hope for it, but who knows
tongue.png

Please send me good incubating vibes! I hope these little guys and gals keep growing!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I got my Araucanas from hinkjc
smile.png

I'm so excited about them! I hope I get a tufted roo
big_smile.png
I already have a name picked out for him
wink.png
They remind me of oldtime cowboys... with big ole mustaches.... As soon as I get the right roo... his name shall be Wyatt Earp! LMAO My DH's FAVORITE western movie EVER!!!!
big_smile.png
And the hens shall be, Big-nose Kate and I haven't picked any past that... I'll have to rewatch the movie... come to think of it, those rumpless butts remind me of those bussled dresses!
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
And if I get two roos, there will have to most certainly be a Doc Holiday
wink.png
And I HOPE HOPE HOPE it will be a duckwing
smile.png
hehehehehe

Oh I WILL!
big_smile.png
Your website is fantastic Anne! I love looking at all of those photos
smile.png
Your Duckwings are just so pretty.
love.gif
I joined your mailing list too. Do let me know when you have some eggs available!
jumpy.gif

Good luck Ang..sounds like everything is going well. I have an araucana hatch in progress. They weren't due till today, but I already have a black, a blue and 3 whites hatched.
jumpy.gif
So eggciting! I hope your hatch is great.
hugs.gif

Jody

Quote:
Awwwww, thanks! I am lucky enough that Duckwing colors tend to be very prevalent in my flock. I'll definitely send out an email notice when I put some eggs up for sale!
big_smile.png

Keep us updated on your hatch!

I candled just now.... my remaining Welsummer was a bust
sad.png
I have 9 eggs that don't appear to be doing anything
sad.png
I think maybe they are scrambled... but I will give them a few more days to be sure...some of them had very thick, dark shells. But, everyone else looks GREAT! Little peeps inside them
big_smile.png
7 of which are little Araucanas!
big_smile.png
Can you guys tell me.... if a lethal double tufted gene is present.... at which stage do they die or fail to grow? Do they not develop period?? Or do they die sometime during incubation?

Being homozygous for tufts can kill them at any point during incubation, but the most prevalent time is between days 18-21. Sometimes even after pipping.

Back
Top Bottom