My Attempt at a Dual Purpose Heritage Flock

Pics
It is the night of the 11th day of incubation, so I decided to candle all 22 eggs. 3 were infertile/never developed. One has a fairly obvious bllod ring but I left it in. The rest seem to be growing nicely. Halfway there, 19/22 eggs still in the bator. I really like the built in candler on hte NR360. Nifty feature. So far so good!

Not bad at all. I've done 2 yrs of these NHs. Butchered at 12-14wks. Slightly tougher then a cx and more leg but better flavour. I have one thawing for supper tonight would you like a pic?
It might be worth contacting them to make sure it is the same line of birds, since they stopped listing them as Henry Knolls line.

Supper. Butchered at 14 weeks. 7lbs dressed.

20220403_160733.jpg
20220403_184106.jpg

I have been following this thread for a while and am super impressed with your results with the New Hampshires. Those birds look amazing!
I have 50 scheduled to arrive at the end of the month. Due to the website change I have reached out to Freedom Ranger Hatchery about the New Hampshire line and they assured me that the are the same line as before.

Back
Top Bottom