My Attempt at a Dual Purpose Heritage Flock

Pics
I made a post yesterday after doing work all day and had to delete it cause I mixed a bunch of stuff up due to exhaustion! :he:thSo anyway here is attempt number two.

Last week we had a big melt with some decent weather so I decided to start separating my heritage birds for spring breeding, and I got some pics. Right now I am using my old 8x4 guinea coop inside an electric fence for breeding.
I have some demand, through the Livestock Conservancy, for New Hampshire hatching eggs. So my first group is a NH cockerel, my only 2 NH pullets, and 4 delaware pullets. In 3 weeks (everyone has been mixed all winter) I will remove the new hampshire pullets and isolate them and collect a cpl dozen eggs for sale. At the same time I will start coillecting eggs from the delawares which will be my F1 homestead heroes. AKA true dual purpose, sex linked birds with regional history.
Some pics of the NHs
IMG_20220223_091604_372.jpg

IMG_20220223_091604_110.jpg

and the Delawares
20220223_142017.jpg

20220223_142043.jpg

20220223_142028.jpg

I made a post yesterday after doing work all day and had to delete it cause I mixed a bunch of stuff up due to exhaustion! :he:thSo anyway here is attempt number two.

Some pics of the NHs

View attachment 3003607
I'd happily use a bird like this in my Culling project. Is a real good looker, that!

What would you all charge for the hatching eggs? Heritage NHs? Red sex links? I was thinking 15 per dozen
Would depend on your local market, unless you're shipping.
I would think the purebred Heritage NH's would be much more valuable
than the sexlinks(what is the cross?).

Back
Top Bottom