my babies are dying

It sounds like Cocci. One thing you can do is feed them medicated chick starter. If that doesn't clear it up, you need to treat them with antibiotic. Also, something that will boost their energy level so they will be more motivated to eat is putting a little sugar in their water for a couple of days.

Get the temp up to aprrox 99-100. Have you dipped their beaks in the water to show them where it is? Hold their little heads still with two fingers and the rest of the chick in your hand, if you have to.

Can you get some growgel into them? Some pediolyte?

Get some Wazine tomorrow, if they are still alive and put it in their water according to directions.

I am so sorry you are having a bad experience. You can't do anything but your best and hope for better. Don't give up on them! Chickens can be remarkably resilient.

Any news this morning, callie&co? Ever get them to eat? Drink?
hugs.gif

Ed

they all died... it breaks my heart. i dipped them and they would drink but just didnt make it through the night. i think i might wait until it's warmer and try again.

Make sure to call the hatchery and tell them what happened. The symptoms seem to match cocci, but they seem really young for that to have been the issue; ditto for worms.

Back
Top Bottom