My "babies" now a year old, and new babies! And hubby brought home a roo...

off-grid hen

Songster
Mar 1, 2011
Upstate NY
I have 3 Partridge Rocks at 5 weeks, and a few more PR's, Dominiques and Rose Comb Brown Leghorns at 4 weeks. Here a few pics of the girls. The Dom in my avatar pic was only 2 weeks old. Oh, how fast they grow! *sniffle*

Max at 5 weeks
maxat5weeks.jpg

A friendly Dominique
Dom4wks.jpg

Another Dom
dominique3weeks.jpg

One of the leghorns
1leghorn4wks.jpg

Hanging out on the roost. One of my partridge rocks and one of the dominiques are BFFs. They are always together.
2gurls.jpg

Here they are at 2 and 3 weeks!
chicks2and3weeks.jpg

Last edited:
And here they are at 6 and 5 weeks. Note the brown leghorn's foot sticking out in the first photo, she is completely sacked out on her side, haha! You can see General Tsoa sticking his head up to see what I'm doing in the second photo.
big_smile.png

pileup1.jpg

pileupgeneralhead.jpg

"Chicks" are 8 and 9 weeks old now. Babies voices are starting to change to cheep-clucks. Rooster's voice is getting a little deeper, but no crows yet. The General's photo is a bit dark, but his saddle feathers are starting to grow. His dark feathers are getting that teal/bluish/greenish black color, and his tail looks like someone aimed a hairdryer at his butt.

General Tso, Partridge Rock Rooster 8 weeks old.

General8weeksold.jpg

Maxine, Partridge Rock hen. My friendliest and calmest chicken, at 9 weeks old

Max9weeksold.jpg

One of my Dominique hens - all of which are also quite friendly- at 8 weeks old.
Dom8weeksold.jpg

One of my Rose Comb Brown Leghorns, photo taken last week. So far they overpower the rooster. Aren't cuddly but not aggressive *crosses fingers*
GEDC0174.jpg

Back
Top Bottom