My baby chick died :(

Timfire123

Hatching
Jul 11, 2023
Hi everybody, I’m new to owning chickens and have been raising babies for a week now. Today I got home after football training to see one of my chicks passed. It was the smallest chick out of all of them and I’m wondering why and if the others will follow. They’re all eating well and drinking and sleeping, they chirp during the day a lot. I recently changed the broader into a different cage and added a heating plate and that’s when it passed the first night. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong. I’m not sure on how to add a picture on here

I'm not sure exactly- there could be a specific reason but it's not uncommon for that to happen. Being the smallest chick - idk,. This spring when we got 20 chicks 2 passed and I'm not sure all the reasons.

Heres my set up

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 6
was there anything you noticed deferent with this chick vs the others besides it was the smallest?
Not really other than it being the runt. She said roughly the same size as when she first hatched will the other are noticeably larger everyday. The other chicks would peck at her sometimes but she was still eating and drinking.

Not really other than it being the runt. She said roughly the same size as when she first hatched will the other are noticeably larger everyday. The other chicks would peck at her sometimes but she was still eating and drinking.
she may have just been a failure to thrive. nothing you did wrong on your part but not much you could do either

Back
Top Bottom