my baby chick has a growth on its head

billyfarmmom

Hatching
Jan 31, 2016
my baby chick has sand fleas and i took them off its head. it has now developed a growth on the left side of its head which has come down to its eye which has closed. what can i use to help my chick? please help.

Welcome to BYC.

So sorry about your problem and wish I had an answer.

But , I see you have also posted under emergencies and hopefully some one with experience will offer some help there.

A picture of the chick can help, but I think you have a number of posts before allowed to upload one.
In the meantime - add more information about the situation - where the chicks are housed, the extent of the flea issue, and a detailed description of the swelling or sore.

my baby chick has sand fleas and i took them off its head. it has now developed a growth on the left side of its head which has come down to its eye which has closed. what can i use to help my chick? please help.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Ya must live in the desert or the chickens came from the desert as I have more then on run in with sand fleas but I have never had a problem with them eating the chickens or the chickens having sours on the skin but you can go to the local feed store and get some dip and no I cant remember the name of the soap to add to the water but the feed store should have it or e-bay also has it and ya just add it to the water and you will need at least three 5 gal buckets one to dip the chickens in with the soap and two for the rinse then let the chickens dry in a warm place ....

BYC has a very nice learning center
caf.gif

Without a photo it's like trying to e x amine him in the dark. We can't see anything. I'm wondering if he has an infection from their bites and needs vet treatment before it affects his eye.

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear your little chick has a problem. I hope someone on the emergency/illness forum has been able to help you.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom