My baby chick was killed last night :(

How about a goldfish? That's like a genuine question.
goldfish seem easy, but they're actually quite deceptive. technically they're carp, so they have the same growth patterns and potential that carp do, which isn't really conducive to living in a bowl or a small tank. they also produce a HUGE bioload compared to other kinds of freshwater aquarium fish. They really do best in an outdoor pond setting, from what i can tell.

How about a goldfish? That's like a genuine question.
I'm not very experienced with fish, but I do know that goldfish require large tanks with filters and air pumps and regular cleaning and water treatment. Fish are not easy pets. I believe there are some other threads in this forum for discussing pet fish.

goldfish seem easy, but they're actually quite deceptive. technically they're carp, so they have the same growth patterns and potential that carp do, which isn't really conducive to living in a bowl or a small tank. they also produce a HUGE bioload compared to other kinds of freshwater aquarium fish. They really do best in an outdoor pond setting, from what i can tell.
Well that's good to know. My mom had a fish when she was younger and it kept jumping out of the tank and killing itself. I think I'm just going to stick to this derpy stuffed animal weiner dog my mom got me the day I got the chick. Any name ideas?

I'm not very experienced with fish, but I do know that goldfish require large tanks with filters and air pumps and regular cleaning and water treatment. Fish are not easy pets. I believe there are some other threads in this forum for discussing pet fish.
Man y'all are so helpful really. I have no idea what I'd do with out y'alls help. I keep saying that but it's true :(

Accidents happen unfortunately. Don't beat yourself up too much about it, but do make sure you take something away from this. Whenever I lose a chicken, I always reflect on what happened and what lead up to it, this way I can learn from the situation and make sure it doesn't happen again - this is the promise that I make to my flock.

For your situation, I would suggest taking some time off from having animals. Maybe 6 months or so, depending on how busy you are with other things. During this time, do as much research as you can into the animal(s) you want to care for. Then, when you feel that you are ready, go ahead and bring in the appropriately sized cluster of animals to care for.

Of course, we will always be here to help and answer any questions you have for both your research and caring time, but having the knowledge before making the jump into caring for the animals will see your animals living much happier and safer lives.

And on a side note, please don't get another single chick, they are meant to live in a flock. I would suggest a minimum of 4 chicks to make sure they still have companions in the event of a loss.

Back
Top Bottom