my baby duck got attacked by my dog

You are doing a Great job.
Yellow belly is a good name. As it describes him well.
Keep him hydrated with water. If he will eat, that's good too.
I'm glad your dog showed you where he was. Please don't be mad at your dog. Most dogs can't help themselves. You will need to keep an extra eye out and keep him safe for now on.
If your duck makes it through, my biggest concern is the oil gland back by the tail area. This glad is very important to ducks. It keeps his feathers and skin oiled up. Ducks must have their Oil Glands, otherwise, they can repel the water.
believe it or not but yellow belly has never really liked water idk why but he hasn’t i mean he would swim like a fish when he got in the water but other then that he wouldn’t actually get in on his own it kinda seemed like he hated it but i don’t think there is anything wrong white his oil glands but we will have to clean him up a bit more to actually tell

If he has a puncture wounds, you Mom needs to flush it out really good. Again, cut all the feathers at that area. Keep him warm, cut his feathers off. Flush out the wound with a lil saline solution or make some salt water solution. Water with added Salt. Do not use Hydrogen Peroxide because its too harsh of a wound cleaner right now. But, get all of the wounds cleaned you with fresh water, Chlorihexdine solution.

he’s with his friends but there being mean to him should be take him away from his buddies or let him be he is also having a bit of trouble walking

Attachments

• 1F005F23-CFDE-4129-A3C2-C25E582AABF6.jpeg
    1F005F23-CFDE-4129-A3C2-C25E582AABF6.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 9
he’s with his friends but there being mean to him should be take him away from his buddies or let him be he is also having a bit of
Hi Calleigh, I'm new at this, too, but I'd guess you should separate him. He's had quite a bad day and needs to be calm. Plus, sometimes birds will pick at wounded birds and he doesn't need that for sure.
thank you they was picked at him so we put him in the tub with a bunch of super soft towels and a heating lamp with some food and water

Back
Top Bottom