My baby girl has her issues.

Warband

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2016
Virginia
Hello everyone,

So my ISA brown hen has been suffering for about a month from limping. She would limp then stop for awhile and go back to it. I figured she must have stepped on something, but every time i check her feet there doesn't seam to be anything wrong. She limped everywhere and but it never seamed to really hurt her or cause her to really become imobile.

Just yesterday we had a scare because I thought she might be egg bound. she didn't lay today but her sister didn't either so i assume that is just the winter coming in issue.

We tried a warm bath, and calcium yesterday to make sure it wasnt a bound egg. She eventually pooped so I figured whatever it was it must have passed. She eventually perked up and was ready to go.

This morning she got out walked around, but now she is in the nest box sleeping, which she hasn't done since she was a chick. She is an April 2016 chick so she shouldn't have any old chicken issues. What do you think this could be?

What she has,
She showed a lot of pain yesterday in the bath, until she relaxed.
She has been sleeping alot recently, in places she wouldn't normally.
She was walking around alot yesterday but would just plop down.
She no longer carries her tail high and its kind of half mass.
There where times it looked like she wanted to lay an egg, cause her body would sometimes strain a bit, but I never could feel an actual egg. That and she pooped.
She has made a few odd sounds like her life was flashing before her eyes when we would try to capture her. (which is not something she normally would make, other then i'm ****** you touched me)

I want to bring her indoors, but i'm not sure what to do with her exactly. Weather or not she needs medical attention at home, or just a warm place to sleep next to me. (thinking of putting her in a dog kennel so i can keep an eye on her)

What do you all suggest. I don't want her suffering, as she is the sweetest of the remaining chickens. Its greatly paining me seeing her like this.

Warband.

Well if she was egg bound, she isn't now. We think she just laid two eggs at the same time. Still limping though.

Back
Top Bottom