My baby guinea keet flew into a tree!!?

JessMay

Songster
Jul 23, 2019
Northwest Illinois
We have 4 guinea keets that we got beginning of June.. they are probably about 6-8 weeks old now.. they’re already outside in the coop with the hens and young turkeys as we thought they would learn to roost in the coop at night with the other birds..as were rounding up our free range chickens tonight into the coop a guinea keet jumped out and flew into a 40 FOOT TREE!! Will she be okay sleeping in the tree all alone?? Do you think she’ll show up in the morning when the other go into the run? She seems very young to be already doing that and I know she is very vulnerable.. (not worried about the weather, it’s warm here in Illinois)

We have 4 guinea keets that we got beginning of June.. they are probably about 6-8 weeks old now.. they’re already outside in the coop with the hens and young turkeys as we thought they would learn to roost in the coop at night with the other birds..as were rounding up our free range chickens tonight into the coop a guinea keet jumped out and flew into a 40 FOOT TREE!! Will she be okay sleeping in the tree all alone?? Do you think she’ll show up in the morning when the other go into the run? She seems very young to be already doing that and I know she is very vulnerable.. (not worried about the weather, it’s warm here in Illinois)
If you are lucky, it will be alive tomorrow. If you are not lucky, a predator will take it tonight.

If you are lucky, it will be alive tomorrow. If you are not lucky, a predator will take it tonight.
Woke up this morning to her running around the coop trying to get inside.. I’ve been trying to catch her but she’s so fast LOL. I can’t leave the door open because the other keets will get out and most likely roost in the trees.. hoping to catch her later but she flew into the forest when I tried

Back
Top Bottom