My baby is MISSING.

I am very, very sorry. It is so difficult losing an hen:hugs:hugsbig hug..... You are doing the right thing:hugs:hugs
I loved dogs, but when a dog some days ago tried to eat my last originary hen of my first Flock (6yy), i moderated a lot my love for dogs. Now i want only a small, inoffensive dog, if it exists. If it doesn't exists... I dont care, my hens are most important thing🥰

I am very, very sorry. It is so difficult losing an hen:hugs:hugsbig hug..... You are doing the right thing:hugs:hugs
I loved dogs, but when a dog some days ago tried to eat my last originary hen of my first Flock (6yy), i moderated a lot my love for dogs. Now i want only a small, inoffensive dog, if it exists. If it doesn't exists... I dont care, my hens are most important thing🥰
All of our dogs love our hens. I'm so sorry to hear that you don't feel like you have one that can work with hens. Dogs are definitely easier than wildlife for us. They definitely like henpoop and if it's a big broody mess that's even better for them.

You're right, i didn't want to say that dogs are bad with chcikens.i speak few english, maybe i expressed bad :rolleyes::p An hunting dog of my neighbours tried to eat mt older hen and i get terrified. But i would like to have a dog one day. Surely :) Maybe one of a breed that isn't very "hunting", easy to teaching to. Can you understand me? ;);)

You're right, i didn't want to say that dogs are bad with chcikens.i speak few english, maybe i expressed bad :rolleyes::p An hunting dog of my neighbours tried to eat mt older hen and i get terrified. But i would like to have a dog one day. Surely :) Maybe one of a breed that isn't very "hunting", easy to teaching to. Can you understand me? ;);)
Where are you from Waves? You should put your location in your profile. It's always interesting to see people from other places.

I think dogs can be trained but you have to have the time and the patience to train them. Some people are very good at training their dogs. I thought I was a pretty good dog owner, but my Yorkie-poo only listens to me when I have a treat in my hand. :th I would love to have a dog that is good with my chickens.

My lead dog,, Shih tzu -Poodle
Photo0030.jpg

and both of her followers
0507131058-02.jpg

As well as all my feral cats (Avatar picture) get along with my chickens in harmony.

Cuteeeee!!! 😍i have a feral cat, too! she often stays near the coop, cause there is the composter and she can catch some mices, but never had problem with chickens and her. She is called Ceffa (Ceffo in Italian means "rascal", "rogue". We thaught that she was an "he", so we called "him" Ceffo. Than we discovered she was a She, and we turned "Ceffo" into "Ceffa" :) :) )

Back
Top Bottom