my bantam araucanas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by amazondoc, Aug 29, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I promised a coupla weeks ago that I would eventually post pics of my bantam araucanas, but it took me until today to actually get the pics taken.

Go to this page to see a whole buncha thumbnails:

http://www.doberinfo.com/chickenpics/bantamAraucanacatalog/bantamaraucanas--08-29-08.html

You can click on each smaller pic to see a larger one. The roo is Fauntleroy, the brown pullet is Priscilla, and the splash pullet is Pouf.

And as an appetizer, here's my bestest buddy -- Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert:

[​IMG]

2. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    aww they're cute. I've always liked Aracaunas but as no one has unlimited space, I've had to choose breeds I really like.

3. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Yeah, I never intended to have these guys at all. A breeder gave them to me, though, and I couldn't turn them down. And I'm not sorry to have them! [​IMG]

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! What cuties! [​IMG]

5. Lady Lakenvelder

Lady Lakenvelder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    Imlay city, michigan
    CA-UTE!!!!

6. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

LOL Priscilla, Queen of the Desert !! I own that movie, haven't watched it in a couple of years.

I have an Atticus Finch (he's a spangled oegb, looks a bit like he'd make a good lawyer - he certainly crows a lot)

Pretty birds, btw <g>.

Peace -
    Meriah

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:mmmmmm [​IMG]

8. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Thanks guys! I think they are completely adorable myself. [​IMG]

Meriah -- the movie is Queen of the Desert, my Priscilla is Queen of the Dessert. Can't you see that tummy pooching out there? [​IMG]

My father says they look like Shmoos. Which they really really do. If you're not old enough to know what a Shmoo is, look up old Lil' Abner cartoons. [​IMG]

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    OMG! That is just the cutest thing! I have 3 standards.... but I think 2 at least are roos :O LOL My luck [​IMG] You gonna have eggs someday for sale? [​IMG]

10. drom

drom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    California
    OMG-Priscilla is a wonder! Love her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by