My beautiful duck, Henry

So sorry to hear you couldn't keep your new pets! That must be devastating for you. Fortunately, it sounds like you found them a great home where they'll be loved and cherished. Definitely contact the store where you got them and let them hear a piece of your mind. I hate when pet stores sell pets without giving customers accurate information. It's happened to me more than once and sadly it will continue to happen.

So sorry to hear you couldn't keep your new pets! That must be devastating for you. Fortunately, it sounds like you found them a great home where they'll be loved and cherished. Definitely contact the store where you got them and let them hear a piece of your mind. I hate when pet stores sell pets without giving customers accurate information. It's happened to me more than once and sadly it will continue to happen.
Well, they will get a piece of my mind....I may report themto the Better Business Burreau and to the CIty Code office as well as one of the news stations. Yes, I am devastated....but now it is time to find that Silver Lining in my sadness... the only way I know how is to make a change here...Don't sell them where you can't raise them!!! I don't want it happening to someone else....or to a child.

Well, they will get a piece of my mind....I may report themto the Better Business Burreau and to the CIty Code office as well as one of the news stations. Yes, I am devastated....but now it is time to find that Silver Lining in my sadness... the only way I know how is to make a change here...Don't sell them where you can't raise them!!! I don't want it happening to someone else....or to a child.

There are many threads on here about how to change city ordinances on backyard livestock ownership. Is it just roosters you can't have? Maybe you can get a few hens for the coming year? I am sorry to hear about your loss, I had to give up my first duck because he turned out to be a drake and I couldn't have a male duck in my all female hen flock
D.gif
It was soooo sad. Even though I knew he was going to great home with other ducks, and I myself was ordering 2 more females, he had such personality and our whole family loved him. Good luck to you
smile.png

There are many threads on here about how to change city ordinances on backyard livestock ownership. Is it just roosters you can't have? Maybe you can get a few hens for the coming year? I am sorry to hear about your loss, I had to give up my first duck because he turned out to be a drake and I couldn't have a male duck in my all female hen flock
D.gif
It was soooo sad. Even though I knew he was going to great home with other ducks, and I myself was ordering 2 more females, he had such personality and our whole family loved him. Good luck to you
smile.png
It has been almost two weeks now and it is still very sad! I have been reading a lot about ducks as pets. I learned you can actually put a duck diaper on them so they can hang out in the house and cudle with you while you watch TV, That was my Henry, He;s a real cuddler!

We are contemplating going to get them back and take them to my boss's house. He has a huge piece of property with a couple of cows and three horses....its 20 minutes from me. There is an ordinance there but I guess its only if the neighbors complain. They converted their old wood swingset that included a treehouse, ladder and slide into a coop....but it is open to their yard and there are probably other animals in the area that prey on beautiful ducks and roosters. I discussed enclosing it, and they are ok with it.

It's the folks we gave them too, So I tried to give them an out and tell them if they had changed therir minds for any reason I had another home. They love them but understand if I want to move them closer.

Now I don't know what to do. I think if I could go visit I would be okay leaving them there....I am thinking about it over the weekend.

Thanks!

It has been almost two weeks now and it is still very sad! I have been reading a lot about ducks as pets. I learned you can actually put a duck diaper on them so they can hang out in the house and cudle with you while you watch TV, That was my Henry, He;s a real cuddler!

We are contemplating going to get them back and take them to my boss's house. He has a huge piece of property with a couple of cows and three horses....its 20 minutes from me. There is an ordinance there but I guess its only if the neighbors complain. They converted their old wood swingset that included a treehouse, ladder and slide into a coop....but it is open to their yard and there are probably other animals in the area that prey on beautiful ducks and roosters. I discussed enclosing it, and they are ok with it.

It's the folks we gave them too, So I tried to give them an out and tell them if they had changed therir minds for any reason I had another home. They love them but understand if I want to move them closer.

Now I don't know what to do. I think if I could go visit I would be okay leaving them there....I am thinking about it over the weekend.

Thanks!
Yeah, I have duck diapers for mine and we use them sometimes to go on trips to the feed store. I know there are a couple places that make them. I got mine from Nettie, she has an etsy account called Party Fowl. Yeah, tough decisions...I hope everything works out okay.

Back
Top Bottom