My Bees....pics

With so much in the news of how all of the bees are dying, it's great to hear that there are new hives forming out there. We need them for our fruit and veggies!

Right now I'm feeding them a fondant.....I will be switching over to completely a sugar/water mix.
The hive is SOOO close to being done...we only have a little bit to do tomorrow. I was hoping to have it done but we are taking our time.
smile.png

Quote:
If it's too cold they won't take the 2:1 mix (the proper ratio for fall feeding). Remember, even if it's in the 50's outside, after a cold stretch, that syrup is frigid, like a bit cold sink above them,and it can't heat up if it's in the hive. Tt will lower the temps inside of the hive.

You will have to put warm syrup in there pretty frequently in order to make it work.

Last edited:
The hive is going to be in a room where it is 40-50 degrees at all times. The feeder is going to be on the outside of the hive.

Cool! and great pics!

I was watching this discovery channel show: verminators. They show the guys killing huge hives of bees and it just kills me. I keep thinking, "There have got to be people out there that would harvest a huge hive for free, right?"

Yes many bee keepers......JUMP at the chance to get WILD bees. As the feral colonies are becoming less and less. I'm just sooo thrilled to have a swarm of bees from my own home state and WILD! I'm on a bee forum and have been getting a lot of tips....and help from a master bee keeper in Wisconsin.
cool.png

Oh I think that is just wonderful! I too am interested in bee keeping as a future project. Fresh veg. from garden, fresh eggs, and to think honey to accompany this would be icing on my cake..so to speak!! Please keep us updated on the project!!
clap.gif

I met a wonderful bee keeper at my craft fair last weekend.
She has been keeping them for only 8 months and had the most beautiful honey with her. I learned a lot from talking with her and listening to her talk as she spoke with customers

I bought some of her beeswax hand cream. OMG the stuff is AWESOME.

Myself. I am scared to death of bees. But I sure so like what they produce

Back
Top Bottom