My Beloved Hank

GloriaH

Songster
12 Years
Mar 18, 2007
Watertown, Tennessee
In June Our 10 year old Doberman Hank was diagnosed with Lymphoma and given a couple of days to live.I asked the Vet if it was OK, and as soon as we got home I started him on mega doses of vitamins, omega 3's, 6's and echinacea and goldenseal along with the Prednisone from the Vet. ( The Vet pretty much said we were taking him home to die.) In July we took him to see the Vet. Doc kept looking and looking at him. He turned to me and said..."This dog doesn't even know he is sick!" Hank was running and jumping and playing with the hose again. Something he hadn't done in years. In August he went back to the Vet for something unrelated. The Vet was amazed and said he had to even second guess himself on the diagnosis even though we knew he was right. Now it is November... Hank got sick last night for the first time. Up untill yesterday he was his normal active self. He is now lathargic and not eating. I don't think he has long. I will help him to fight the good fight untill he can't fight anymore. I thank God that he gave us deminion (SP) over the animals and the compasion to take care of them. Please keep Hank in your thoughts and Prayers today.

I absolutely will do that. I'm sorry about Hank. My family raised AKC Dobermans when I was a kid and some won several ribbons at shows. They were very gentle and brave dogs and I know just how you feel today. God bless Hank and you, too, for caring so much for him.

hugs.gif

Sorry to hear that, Gloria. I admire you for doing all you could for your good friend. I said a prayer for you and your dog, and thanked God he gave him to you for a longer time than the vet figured. That's cool.

Tanya
hugs.gif

I know how Dobe's can grab onto your heart--even the crazy ones that I always seem to end up with! My first Dobe, Romulus, was my beloved.....

My prayers are with you both!

Back
Top Bottom