My boys for next year

mandelyn

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Here are the various boys I'm keeping around for next year. Marans, Bresse and some projects.

Bresse 2019 cockerel

bre15.jpg

Bresse 2018 rooster

bress34.jpg

Barred OE project, mid 2019 hatch. Still up in the air on this one.
oebarred5.jpg

2019 Project, Marans/Legbar/Twentse
oebarred6.jpg

Dad to above bird, 2018 Twentse/Legbar
tlh2.jpg

2018 Black Silver Marans
bsmc21.jpg

2019 Black Silver Marans
charles2.jpg

2019 project, Marans/Twentse/Legbar
dibs9.jpg

I've been having way too much fun with these hybrids. Working on getting smaller combs on the Bresse but that guy with the massive comb had massive everything else too, so I held back a nice looking Bresse boy with a smaller comb to see how he finishes out and to use the following season. Working on the color for the Marans, need to look for better silver in the offspring now that the type is pretty well set in there. The Marans are a work in progress since they have a lot of attributes to work on and you can't fix it all in a couple of short seasons. The projects are an experiment... we'll see what happens with them.

mandelyn

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Nice birds. That last bird is truly striking looking.
Thank you. I'm really curious to see how the barred Blue Silver finishes out next to him. They're half brothers but about 6 months different in age, the Black Silver is older, almost a year. These hybrids are so darn distracting though! I should have 3 pens each of Marans and Bresse but here I am goofing off.

Top Bottom