My "broiler" chickens -pics-

I'm glad I came across this thread because it's possible that I have 4 Cornish Rocks in my brooder right now. I picked up 6 new chicks at TSC yesterday and - because the TSC people put all the chicks together in one big tub
barnie.gif
- and because yellow chicks were almost all that was left - it was impossible to know exactly what kind of yellow chicks we were getting. The employee that helped me said that some could be Cornish Rocks and I said I don't want any meat birds, to which she replied, "They're just like regular chickens."
he.gif
This thread will be very helpful if I see any starting to grow by leaps and bounds.

That is so wonderful of you to save them
hugs.gif
I think those girls could live a good long life mabye with a low fat diet and lots of room to run
smile.png
I love the picture of the dust bath. It makes me so exstatic when I see a picture of a battery hen saved from hell and taking a refreshing dust bath
big_smile.png
I don't think they could be any happier! Congratulations
hugs.gif

Quote:
Good luck! I hope for your sake there aren't any... having to worry about and monitor the health of four cornish crosses plus raising other chickens at the same time sounds like quite the burden. Are you going to try to raise them like normal chickens?

Quote:
Thank you so much!
smile.png
They do love their dust baths and I have about a hundred photos of it. There isn't anything much cuter to watch than a chicken taking a dust bath!

Here's a cute action shot of George afterwards shaking the dust off. "AHHHHH, that felt GOOD!!"

dustshake.jpg

Quote:
Good luck! I hope for your sake there aren't any... having to worry about and monitor the health of four cornish crosses plus raising other chickens at the same time sounds like quite the burden. Are you going to try to raise them like normal chickens?

If they are cornish rocks I'm probably going to try to re-home them. You would think that TSC would have kept the meat birds separate.
roll.png

You'll know pretty quickly...
Here's my babies at just 5 days old, having a nap with my fiance.
smile.png
We had their brooder in the bathroom if you're wondering about the toilet in the background, LOL.

5days.jpg

Compare that with this photo, here they are at 24 hours old.

24hours.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
WOW! Exactly what breed are your girls because my little ones are about a week old and are no where near that big!

In fact, here they are today at 6 days...

3379472331_38922bfc75.jpg

3379471653_9c3a44cc6f.jpg

Here are two of the 6 day old mystery chicks beside my 11 day old EE and NHR
3379471821_402c14c3b3.jpg

This was last night, at 5 days old
3374862192_66114b4429.jpg

After seeing pics of your I'm very hopeful now that mine ARE NOT meaties!
clap.gif
What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom