My Chicken acts like a Dog

I have had a few hens that follow me around but that's because they know where the treats come from. I don't know about the cuddling. Most of mine let me pick them up but I have no idea if they enjoy it or not

I have a hen that walks freely with the dogs and also jumps up on my lap. Today is her 6 year birthday. Rose.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1646259811154.jpg
    FB_IMG_1646259811154.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 7
I have 4 Easter Eggers and 14 Silkies. Both are very docile and super friendly breeds. My Easter Eggers however will jump up and roost on my shoulders while I do chores in their coop. They are super nosey and have to be right up my rear end at all times. They'll literally stand on top of my boots, or jump up on something to put their beak right in my face in order to get as close to me as possible. They watch every little move I make and follow me everywhere. They're such comical little creatures!

We had one RIR that was raised when we only had dogs and no other chickens… she decided she was a dog, slept in the dog house even after we got other chickens… came to the recall whistle sound we use for the dogs back then. It was hilarious to watch the pack. She got jealous if the dogs got pets and she didn’t or the dogs were in the house and she wasn’t. We had to feed the dogs away from her or she would peck them and try to eat their food.

One of my chickens acts like a dog and will follow me around and just wants to be cuddled. When I run she will try to keep up its really cute but is it normal?
I had a chicken who would run after me too. She would also jump up my porch steps, fluff her feathers and sit on the porch next to me in my patio chair😁 a possum got her...I was devastated 😭 that was quite a few years ago..

Back
Top Bottom