My Chicken Existential Crisis... I mean journey

What did you use to de-worm? Curious, as I should probably do that this year, I just haven’t.
safeguard for goats 10% solution
.23mL/lb orally once a day for 5 days
though I have so many dang chickens that I'll need to buy another bottle to finish the 5 days D:
14 days egg withdrawal though some people eat the eggs anyway lol

Are we what we smoke too? :lau :gig
I dont understand

re: pasty butt

it looks like stress and incorrect brooder temps are the biggest causes?
though I see feed and bedding as well.

I hatch my own eggs so no shipping stress. brooder temp is pretty easy if you just watch chick behavior & some are raised by mom which is even easier.
feed & bedding in the brooder is amprolium medicated starter no treats, raised mesh floor so minimal access to eating their own droppings
raised by mom is also amprolium medicated chick starter & mesh floor or the starter + forage on a dirt/pine straw floor.

@CHlCKEN
I weighed one pullet and one cockrell and they were roughly 4lbs so I just did 1mL each bird

2 of my roos are bigger but the scale doesnt go that high so I gave one of them 1.25mL and the other one didnt get any because hes high in a tree and his spurs are super long - granted I think they're so long that he probably cant hurt me very easily with them anyway - so I didnt mess with him. hes one of the 4 I skipped.

I may try to get those 4 tonight though.

Back
Top Bottom