My Chicken had a 5.9oz egg, has anyone seen this??? I made a video too of the egg..

Drumstick Diva, She had a Egg the next day and been having them daily since...She seems like nothing is wrong.

Al08062, The week before she had a triple yolker, Then this egg inside of a egg...I thought was so neat. Never thought I would have them back to back like this...She is full of surprises.

one thing we need to look at is that the eggs of a hen are set at birth. When a hen lays double yolk eggs she has just lost a day of laying.
Ex. two identical hens one lays standard one yolk eggs for 3 years then stops laying. her sister lays double yolk eggs and is done laying at 18 months. so while the occasional double yolk is fine and quite common if a hen continues to lay doubles she will be barren at quite a young age.

What about a egg inside of a egg,She the only one that is laying the egg inside the egg and the triple yolk egg

i would just watch and see if she continues to lay triple and double yolks she will be fine health wise but she will be the first to stop laying in upcoming years.

Back
Top Bottom