My chicken is crying help!

Raeraelittin

Hatching
Jun 30, 2020
So I bought 3 chickens and was told they were all hens. Well yesterday 2 of them started to crow and unfortunately where we live my neighbor won’t allow us to have a crowing rooster. So I contacted the Breeder and she said no problem! Bring the roosters back - I have a buyer looking for roosters and we will get you 2 more hens. Well after we came back with the chicks my one hen won’t stop making a crying noise. I let her out of the coop and she ran up to me hopped in my lap and snuggled her head in my neck. She wouldn’t let me put her down. Now today all day she’s been crying, not eating and I feel horrible! I don’t know what to do. I truly think she’s heart broken her friends are no longer living here. Any advice will help! Thank you

So I bought 3 chickens and was told they were all hens. Well yesterday 2 of them started to crow and unfortunately where we live my neighbor won’t allow us to have a crowing rooster. So I contacted the Breeder and she said no problem! Bring the roosters back - I have a buyer looking for roosters and we will get you 2 more hens. Well after we came back with the chicks my one hen won’t stop making a crying noise. I let her out of the coop and she ran up to me hopped in my lap and snuggled her head in my neck. She wouldn’t let me put her down. Now today all day she’s been crying, not eating and I feel horrible! I don’t know what to do. I truly think she’s heart broken her friends are no longer living here. Any advice will help! Thank you
Can I ask why you didn't get a pullet the same age as your current pullet instead of chicks?

If you can't get her another pullet her age from the same breeder you got her from to integrate her with, I would set up the chicks with a brooder plate or momma heat pad in the coop with her where the chicks are behind hardware cloth and cannot get out and she cannot get in but they can still see each other so she is not alone. I would avoid using a heat lamp of any kind in the coop. Is that possible?

Maybe try separating her with one other to bond.
Are these young, not yet laying (then they are pullets) or older (then they are hens)?
You want her to try to bond with another one of your group so she can integrate properly.

Back
Top Bottom