I've noticed her comb getting redder and redder throughout the day. I also noticed that she had a bunch of poop on her butt since she can't stand anymore. There was actually a piece that was blocking her vent, so it's a good thing that I noticed and got it cleaned up the best I could! I'll have to go out and get a different syringe since I only have the liquid medicine kind. Thank you guys so much for the encouragement and wonderful advice. Thanks to you, my chickie is still breathing!

:fl You are both doing a great job. If you can get some electrolyte solution into her (homemade or Pedialyte), you might see her perk up a bit, too. The vitamins are good, but her electrolytes are probably all out of balance.

I woke up this morning to check on her and she had passed away in her sleeping position. At least she went in her sleep, though. I really wish I had realized the problem sooner and had the knowledge that I do now. I will miss her very much as she was my favorite chicken, but I did what I could for her. Next time I see any problem with my chickies, NONE of them are dying! Thanks again guys! I've learned so much from this experience.

I woke up this morning to check on her and she had passed away in her sleeping position. At least she went in her sleep, though. I really wish I had realized the problem sooner and had the knowledge that I do now. I will miss her very much as she was my favorite chicken, but I did what I could for her. Next time I see any problem with my chickies, NONE of them are dying! Thanks again guys! I've learned so much from this experience.
You put up a good fight for her and tried hard to save her. Sometimes there just isn't anything we can do no matter how hard we try. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom