My chicken just laid a YOLK???

I wonder if she's just releasing it way too soon before the shell is developed ya know?

OK... I have one hen laying and another that has been looking ready... There was an egg in the nest this morning from my laying hen.. AND a yolk in the run. A HUGE yolk. just a yolk.?

is everything OK? there is no remnants of anything besides the yolk. Do I need to be worried about pieces of an egg stuck in her body? do I need to be worried about infection? can a chicken just lay a yolk and not anything else? I know I've read about a partially formed shell or membrane. but this was just the yolk.

help please!

I have 8 chickens that are laying right now, and 3 that are too young. This morning I collected all 8 eggs from my girls. This evening I was watching my girls run around the yard and I watched one of my laying ladies squat and drop a yolk. Is this normal? Especially after she laid a full egg this morning?

I was getting some weird eggs for about a week, soft shell, no shell, or almost clear yolk, and one that was just egg white, in a membrane that had 2 tails (very weird). I also had one hen that I know had previously laid eggs who had a clear liquid (assumed egg whites) coming out her vent. I can't say for sure that she's laying normal eggs now, but I haven't see her leaking for a while. It's possible that she's stressed and her body isn't able to finish producing a fully formed egg. My weird eggs appeared after one of my hens was killed by a coyote. After a little while they calmed down and now we're getting normal eggs again.

My weird eggs:
0719171510a.jpg
0719171510a.jpg

Attachments

• 0718170814.jpg
    0718170814.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 0718170818.jpg
    0718170818.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 77
  • 0719171511.jpg
    0719171511.jpg