my chicken walks around like its drunk.

sidmind

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
i got 6 pullets at tracktor supply in march, they were all growing normal until about three weeks ago one of them. started trembling and not growing as much as the rest. i actually think it is a rooster by the size of its comb. he/she is about 1/2 the size of the rest and has a hard time eating as it cant really walk well. the other chickens seem to protect it, ihave never seen any of them pecking it. here is a video. what do you think.

Last edited:
You can try polyvisol without iron in it (baby liquid vitamins) I had one start staggering to the right and then could not walk. I put a drop in it's beak morning and night for a few daysand crushed B complex tablets and put in the chick starter. It certainly won't hurt.

how old are they? It still might be a pullet, its a leghorn, they all have giant combs!

4797094447_387460e37d_z.jpg
female
jsph_White-Leghorn2.jpg
male

any way I am not sure why it is acting this way! try giving is extra vitimins. If it were me i would bring it inside and make it a sling that its legs could fit through and just enough support that it strengthens his legs but doesnt strain them and when he is ready, put wheels on the sling to help him walk till his legs are strong enough without the sling!

Back
Top Bottom