My chicks AREN'T coming:(:(:((Got em...PICS PG 4)

Quote:
i actually agree with this statement... i'm sure breeders are a lot better to deal with. However, in my area there just AREN'T a lot of breeders. The only time you can find them is at a chicken swap, and if they don't have what you're looking for, then you're out of luck. There are breeders across the country who ship, but have a 25 minimum order. Even though my chickens live on a farm and technically I could have thousands, I just don't want 25 chicks at a time. I like ordering a few every so often. Sometimes going through the hatchery route is necessary. If you MUST go the hatchery route like me, I would go with MPC or another large, well-known hatchery.

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:
I got 25 Cornish X's from McMurray last year and they all arrived in perfect condition on Mother's Day no less...see photo for some of them...along with a splash Andalusian roo as a free extra. All were healthy growing up, never lost one!
jumpy.gif
My Andalusian was POW here a couple weeks ago! A beautiful bird.

I had them vaccinated for coccidia and got the vitamin powder for them from McMurray. Was very happy and will order from them again when I need more chickens.

8932_dscn0004.jpg

I did not receive notice when mine (from MPC) shipped. Even though your order was delayed initially, they probably have the same policy. Just try them again tomorrow. Plus I would email so that you have documented attempts to contact them. Hopefully they shipped out today and are on their way to you....

That is really weird. I ordered mine last night and they shipped out today. I called them today to make sure, and while I did have to wait on hold for a while they were very nice. They also sent me an email that said they shipped. I am dealing with Ideal this time around. Seems ok so far.

Thanks everyone...well, they did say they would call or email but whatever...they're here!
celebrate.gif

Post office called me at 7...I didn't have my brooder ready or anything but got it together and picked up my 8 (ordered 6) porcelain d'uccle's...all seem to be doing well. Because of my cruddy satellite internet I can't upload pics till am but I will, they are adorable!
love.gif

Glad they arrived safe and sound. I ordered from MPC and never got a call or e-mail after the conformation e-mail and mine arrived when they said they would.

Waiting on the pics now
pop.gif

Oh, I'm dying to get mine! They were supposed to be shipped Wednesday. I'd called last week and asked Ideal when they were going to be shipped. I ordered 25 bantams, half porcelain d'uccles and half mille fleur d'uccles. Someone is buying the Mille half from me.

Back
Top Bottom