My chicks/chickens keep dying

Davery1019

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 14, 2013
Hello all. SO we bought about 9 chicks last feb. They all did really well until about this past oct-december. One got sick and then one by one, all but 3 died. We never changed anything. Their diet remained the same. They were laying eggs until september and then they started dying. we suspected Avian Flu. Anyways, I bought 4 new chicks the other day and my Lavender Orpington died... now one of the other chicks is dying. I am so fed up with my dying chickens. GEEZE. Do y'all have any inkling as to what could be going on?! Im pretty sure the orpington died because it got too cold after it decided to play in the water. Yes, its a chick water-er. But that was about a week ago. Anyways, Thanks in advance.

Ask a vet in your area were you can send samples of manure or body to be checked
For problems and don't buy any more chicks in tell you know what's going on and after you find out. Clean out everything that the chickens used with high pressure water and scrub everything down them use a disinfectant like virocide

Yes. The first symptom was weakness. They would try to run and barely get a waddle out and fall over. Then it would just worse from there. They also had the Pox. Little black spots all over combs. They pulled thru that just fine. One of the chickens that i tried to nurse back to health had a lot of spit. Just like a dog. Falling out of its beak. we separated it from the others and it just died.

Back
Top Bottom