my chicks keep dying please help

Meera

Hatching
Apr 6, 2020
my 5 day old chicks keep dying, they all die the same way which is that they get very weak and then start to open their mouth and close it constantly without making a noise. then they die. PLEASE help this has happened to me alot.

my 5 day old chicks keep dying, they all die the same way which is that they get very weak and then start to open their mouth and close it constantly without making a noise. then they die. PLEASE help this has happened to me alot.
Did you hatch or buy them? How are you warming them? What are you feeding? Are you adding anything yo the water? Are they eating and drinking prior to them fading away? Can you show a picture of how you have things setup?
When you say this happens a lot, do you mean a lot of birds out of this batch or that this is happened multiple times to you with several different batches of chicks?

Did you hatch or buy them? How are you warming them? What are you feeding? Are you adding anything yo the water? Are they eating and drinking prior to them fading away? Can you show a picture of how you have things setup?
When you say this happens a lot, do you mean a lot of birds out of this batch or that this is happened multiple times to you with several different batches of chicks?
I hatched them, I warm them with a heat light, I feed them chick starter, no I don’t add anything to the water, yes they are eating just fine. no this is the only batch that this happened to, I have hatched chicks before and they were completely fine! they grew up and they’re 4 months old. but this batch, most of them died because of this. I never did anything different and I still don’t understand why does that happen:(

Back
Top Bottom