Hard to tell especially with the red light. They look like Easter Eggers sometimes called Ameraucana(but really arent, whole other discussion) Here is a pic of one of my 3 week old EE's
Here's an article on above...
https://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/12/ameraucana-vs-araucana-vs-easter-egger.html
I bought them from Meyers hatchery and they listed them as Ameraucana and had a separate listing for easter Eggers. I asked them about that very question and they assured me that they were not Easter Eggers. All I can do is wait and maybe get someone to come over and look at them. The Ameraucana will not be part of the breeding project for the 4H'ers because of the questionable origin of the chicks. Our main line of chickens will be Golden laced Polish, black Sumatra and Serama chickens.

That one looks like an Ameraucana
Mine don't look like that at all. I have looked at a lot of pictures of the Ameraucana and mine seems to match up but before I sell or use any chicks for our program, I will get them looked at by a friend of mine in OH who raises them.

I bought them from Meyers hatchery and they listed them as Ameraucana and had a separate listing for easter Eggers. I asked them about that very question and they assured me that they were not Easter Eggers. All I can do is wait and maybe get someone to come over and look at them. The Ameraucana will not be part of the breeding project for the 4H'ers because of the questionable origin of the chicks. Our main line of chickens will be Golden laced Polish, black Sumatra and Serama chickens.
Usually true Ameraucana price higher than EE's Not speaking from too much experience just from what I've read. Still very new to this.

Back
Top Bottom