My coop and run - took 2 months to complete but finally.......

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chickending, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Chickending

Chickending Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Minnesota
    Hi,
    This is a picture of my run I just completed. I still have to put something over the top for the "Sky Gods" aka Hawks, but I did it all myself and quite proud of myself. its 25'x35x25', 6' high fence above ground of welded wire plus buried 10' down. Poultry fencing around the bottom 2 ft cause they are still a bit small and can squeeze through the spaces. My Dad and I built the coop inside our pole barn. We converted two horse stalls. My dimensions are 9' w x 22' long. I still dont have the roosts or nesting boxes yet but that will come. I used left over plywood 3/4 from a home improvement project and insulated all around. On the floor we have two layers of plywood and then took Aluminum soffit material, again left over from the home improvement, and put that on the floor all over including the corners and 6" up the sides. Then took linoleum that we ripped out of the kitchen and put that on the floor for easy cleaning. I think we made it pretty much predator proof. Isnt nothing getting through this thing....LOL. the chicks are 4 weeks old now and doing great. Enjoying their first moments in the great outdoors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    All your links are the same and I was unable to view your pic(s).

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

4. Chickending

Jun 4, 2007
    Minnesota
    You know I am cursed on the picture posting thing. Will try again. It does really look nice....

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh yes, pleeeez try! I'm sure Rob or someone will help. I am so anxious to see your coop and run!!!

6. Chickending

Jun 4, 2007
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

I got it to work!!!! [​IMG]

will post more

7. Chickending

Jun 4, 2007
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I got it now....trial and error

8. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Wow its huge!

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's really nice!

10. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    Did you build that entire building or add a coop inside it? Either way, very nice. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by