My coop begins. Nothing special but I still want to post :p

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cupman, Nov 14, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Oh gosh, somehow I made a mistake and deleted my original post with a response to the two below it. I'm going to try to fix it.

My original post: Basically I wanted to link two photos that showed my first day progress. I labeled dimensions in the comments below. Here's the pics of my first day progress:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Dimensions are 10'x12'. The front side is 10' it's going to be 12' deep. We got tongue and groove OSB, learned it to be a mistake... we have ran into several minor problems we did not anticipate. A little discouraging but overall we are doing well. This is a father son project, my dad being the lead builder. We've only had one real casualty, 10' 6x2 board. somehow cut it 3 inches short after measuring twice... we still don't know how it happened. but only a $10 error.

We have one wall built with a bracket, no pictures of that yet, but tomorrow we should be able to erect two walls with siding. I hope I can post back then with an updated picture. No promises, though!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Great start! What are the dimensions?

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG] Good start.

4. Newwell

Newwell Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Yeap, it's raining at My Little Piece of Heaven in OR, too. How many chickens are you planning to house? I will enjoy watching your project. Keep 'em coming.

5. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Great start. Look forward to following the progress and completion. [​IMG]

6. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I have 12 full grown chickens and 16 more in the garage, some needing to come outside very soon. I feel awful, they are 10 weeks old and don't go outside much... should be able to in about a week or so. I also have 8 4-week olds that are still under a heat lamp. My goal is around 30-35 chickens/guineas. Going to have a half dozen guineas or so, ideally. I won't go much beyond that, cause I see how my girls are a bit crowded right now and I feel bad about it. They'll be much happier in about a week.

7. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    Looks like a free range paradise behind the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by