My coop begins. Nothing special but I still want to post :p

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
Oh gosh, somehow I made a mistake and deleted my original post with a response to the two below it. I'm going to try to fix it.

My original post: Basically I wanted to link two photos that showed my first day progress. I labeled dimensions in the comments below. Here's the pics of my first day progress:
86324_100_0043.jpg
86324_100_0044.jpg

Dimensions are 10'x12'. The front side is 10' it's going to be 12' deep. We got tongue and groove OSB, learned it to be a mistake... we have ran into several minor problems we did not anticipate. A little discouraging but overall we are doing well. This is a father son project, my dad being the lead builder. We've only had one real casualty, 10' 6x2 board. somehow cut it 3 inches short after measuring twice... we still don't know how it happened. but only a $10 error.

We have one wall built with a bracket, no pictures of that yet, but tomorrow we should be able to erect two walls with siding. I hope I can post back then with an updated picture. No promises, though!

Last edited:
I have 12 full grown chickens and 16 more in the garage, some needing to come outside very soon. I feel awful, they are 10 weeks old and don't go outside much... should be able to in about a week or so. I also have 8 4-week olds that are still under a heat lamp. My goal is around 30-35 chickens/guineas. Going to have a half dozen guineas or so, ideally. I won't go much beyond that, cause I see how my girls are a bit crowded right now and I feel bad about it. They'll be much happier in about a week.

Back
Top Bottom