My coop, chicks, etc. (pics)

countrybum

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
area pop. 96
These are a few of my mutt chicks.

My 3 bantie hens. They are sitting on a dozen eggs.

My Ameruacan Rooster.

My Cherry Egger Rooster (at least that is what I was told he is).

At last my coop and pen.
This is a full pic. The left side is for my pheasants and my peafowl, more will be added to it later, I am just trying to get it set up since they are supposed to be here Wednesday.

Right side of the entrance door opens in half.

Front of coop, the left over hanging part is going to be the feeding room.

Nesting boxes, will be enclosed upon finishing. My 2 Jersey Giant hens are on the floor and another hen is sitting on eggs underneath.

Some of the perches and a view of the skylight. The skylight gives them light from dusk to dawn.

Last edited:
I bought a mated pair of golden pheasants at the auction, which I hope will be laying soon and I won the bid on some red golden pheasant eggs on ebay. I hope my incubator has room when they get here. If not I will be buying another incubator.
duc.gif

Never knew the red sex link had the puffy cheeks. The guy I got them from (at a farmers market) also told me I was getting all hens and I ended up with 6 hens and 4 roosters. The other 3 went in the deep freeze.

Quote:
I have no clue, but they also sell them at Cackle Hatchery. I was just told that is what he is. I have a hen of the same breed. I am thinking a RIR crossed.

http://www.cacklehatchery.com/cherryeggerpage.html

Hate to say, but to me a chicken is a chicken, no matter what the breed. I will not pay $20 for a chicken, when I can have one just as pretty for $5 and they all taste like chicken in the end.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom