My coop is ghetto ugly....Help! Pic.

Note that even the Chinese have roofs. I strongly urge you to add a roof that sheds water. "Dry and airish" is the best building motto for a chicken house

Yeah, I didnt see all that you added. Some corrugated roofing sheet - which I also recommended - would work.
I like the way you think!

BTW, whats a Foo dog?

Shooo i just got my butt home from work. tomorrow is my wonderful day off! I have plans for the roof because of you people. So many ideas to incorporate with a silly roof! I love it. I will post my progress in the afternoon to get me some more ideas!
Thanks everyone.

With all the great ideas folks have given you, we want to see it when it is done! Good Luck.

Lisa
smile.png

I look forward to seeing what you do with this
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_guardian_lions

Statue Guardians that are referred to as either Foo Dog, FU Dog, or Imperial Guardian Lions. They are supposedly to protect buildings from danger.

Secondary Meanings Behind:
The female Foo has her foot perched on top of a baby foo . (Children Are Life)
Female Protects The Inside

The male Foo has his foot on top of a sphere.-(Protecting the planet)
Sometimes it is also depicted as a globe instead of a flower
Males Protect The Outside

Last edited:
love it love it love it!!

I may add a foo dog or two to my chicken tractor ~ give it some reallllll bling ~ in fact, I am now thinking I could even add some pointy tips to give it that Asian look, with the foo dogs, and maybe a chinese jade knot for each of the doors leading to the nest boxes!!

HMMMM ~ maybe I could even string up some funky plastic lanterns for a festive party atmosphere later this winter when everythings feelin all blah.

Now I just gotta find me the chinese symbol for *chicken*, and paint it on the side.

~~~ thinking hard on that disco ball ~~~~
{;>)=
~Red

You don't even have to put plywood on top, just run some 2x4's from front to back and screw some tin to that and make sure to have one side higher so the water doesn't sit.

Other than that, paint it yellow, get a small paintbrush and paint some green trailing vines and leaves and a few flowers, and you will be set.

Quote:
I love it!!

All kidding aside, the chicken really is a prominant chinese character ~ he ( the rooster, that is) is one of the birth signs, and is well-loved & respected by the chinese ~

People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable, and talented. They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are deeply disappointed if they fail. People born in the Rooster Year are often a bit eccentric, and often have rather difficult relationship with others. They always think they are right and usually are! They frequently are loners and though they give the outward impression of being adventurous, they are timid. Rooster people¡¦s emotions like their fortunes, swing very high to very low. They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave. They are most compatible with Ox, Snake, and Dragon.

I'm not a rooster, I'm a year of the pig or boar ~
People born in the Year of the Pig are chivalrous and gallant. Whatever they do, they do with all their strength. For Boar Year people, there is no left or right and there is no retreat. They have tremendous fortitude and great honesty. They don't make many friends but they make them for life, and anyone having a Boar Year friend is fortunate for they are extremely loyal. They don't talk much but have a great thirst for knowledge. They study a great deal and are generally well informed. Boar people are quick tempered, yet they hate arguments and quarreling. They are kind to their loved ones. No matter how bad problems seem to be, Boar people try to work them out, honestly if sometimes impulsively. They are most compatible with Rabbits and Sheep.

And you know what's weird? This description fits me to a T ~ lol ~ they may have something here ~
{;>)=
~Red

edited to add ~ this is where I got this info, but it's pretty much the same wherever you look up chinese zodiac info ~ http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/zodiac/Rooster.htm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom