My creepy Schwans man....am I just overreacting?

Trust your instincts! I used to have a seed salesman show up at the door all the time, even when my husband kept asking him to meet at the farm instead. He really gave me the willies. I'm not a gun-totin' moll, but I always prominently held the phone in my free hand while talking through a not-very-polite crack in the door.

I can sympathize with your fear of reporting him to the company because he knows where you live. I had that fear when I considered reporting an incredibly creepy FedEx guy.

I wonder if you can call and company and report him, but be very specific that you do not want him to be informed that any calls about him came from you. In other words, ask the company to protect you.

Then let the cops know, too.

Thanks guys. You are at least making me feel like I am not losing my mind for being worried about this.

As for Schwans food.....we do a lot of the fruit and vegetables. Their frozen mixed fruit is our popsicles in the Summer.
sad.png

Last edited:
No, no, no, get a turkey (if you don't already have one) and try to convince the Schwan's guy that it is your husband. Tell him that you never said your Husband is in turkey, but that your husband is a turkey.

If he thinks you are unstable enough, he will leave you alone.

lol.png

There was once an Oprah episode about trusting your gut when it comes to fear. The example the guy used was that a wild animal would not willingly get into a box with a prey animal. And yet many people would stay in an elevator with someone who gave them the creeps in an effort to be polite.

Screw polite - they guy has freaked you out and Schwanns would want to know how their employee is representing their company. They value your sale more than they'll value his weirdo behavior.

me&thegals :

Trust your instincts! I used to have a seed salesman show up at the door all the time, even when my husband kept asking him to meet at the farm instead. He really gave me the willies. I'm not a gun-totin' moll, but I always prominently held the phone in my free hand while talking through a not-very-polite crack in the door.

I forgot that! EXCELLENT IDEA! I have a headset phone, and when taking deliveries I always pop it on my head. Looks like I'm talking to someone.

Sometimes, I even answer myself, but that's another thread!​

Quote:
lau.gif
I am afraid this may be the best idea yet!!!!!

I agree....we do try to ignore our instincts too much in the sake of politeness. Funny thing is, I constantly teach my kids just the opposite. Guess I need to practice what I preach.

Back
Top Bottom