My creepy Schwans man....am I just overreacting?

Do you have one or two male friends or relatives that can be at your house the next delivery day? I think you would be surprised how his attitude will change immediatly. I know they can't be there every two weeks, but he will know that you can get them there. I would not use this company again until a new person is on the route.

several people have told you to "tell him" this or that. NO!
If you are talking to him, you are too close.. anyway, he does't listen..You told him that he shoul not call until Feb and he stopped twice..

Call Schwann's and tell them you want off their sales list.. Do not be in a big hurry to tell them why.. make sure they agree to keep your identity and concerns confinential, first.

we have an anatolian , she wouldn't hurt a fly, but I have held her by the collar already a few times.. you do not have to say a word about the dog's disposition.
most people will assume it is bad, if you have to hold on to her/him..

It works for all sorts of salesmen..

borrow a dog if you can..

do not open the door..

policemen with guns drawn consider someone a threat at over 20 feet away.. think about that!!

I would go with the posting of putting a pair of your husband old boots right outside the front door, along with a large dog food bowl. I did this when my husband was away on 6 month deployments in the Navy.
I answered the door saying loudly, I will get it, people at the door always thought I had someone visiting. Showed I was not alone.
Speak thru the door, or open the door with the phone in your hand like your talking to someone. I lived in the city then.

I would call the Schwan warehouse and talk with someone there about your concerns. It sounds like you are feeling intimidated and whether that is what he is intending or not I think it should be reported. I would ask to be taken off the route also.

This is why everyone should own a gun.... A sawed-off, double-barreled, 12ga. loaded with slugs or buckshot. That's true liberty when you can say "No world! You put YOUR hands up!"

Personally I would not alert the company to your concerns regarding this Salesman...they in turn will no doubt tell him...its the way people are....I agree with putting a large pair of boots and the dog bowl outside, merely as a possible deterent....I would also consider a security camera looking over your front door, but I would record a man's voice (not necessarily your hubby as it might make him worry that he is not there to protect you) onto a tape, and play the tape as you open the door....saying "heck honey explain to the delivery guy that we can't afford their products anymore" the delivery chap should then get the message that your man is at home .....Keep safe......and although I don't have a gun and sometimes I wish I did....get yourself a Magnum....make your safety your top priority these are troubled times and people do act weird if they are stressed.....
hugs.gif

Be careful, ..Listen to your feelings ..if it dosent seem right
it probably isnt....
when we were living in the city
a diaper salesmen came to the door and wanted to sell
me his service , I told him no thank you, another fellow jump up from behind ( he was hidden by the door, I called my Brother who was visting,and they ran into co. car but got away, we reported them to the company for their antics kicking my door etc, yelling at me for refusing.
now that we are in the country...my Dh has a sign at the drive way..
"WE dont call 911" on a wood carved rifle .
Dh an ex Marine , We are always ready.
sorry this is so long,
Sad to say but thats the world we live in.

Mens boots is a great idea,

lau.gif
sounds like my pure pit dives at the door barking like hes gonna kill you and when your in all he will hurt you with is his tail hitting you hard from that furosous wag. He even let burglars in a few years ago problely helped them carry stuff out even my 5 guns
hmm.png
Quote:
Our pit mix barks like he is gonna kill you when the only thing he will REALLY do is lick you death.

I vote for calling the company. These days almost all of the door to door type companies have people who are solely in charge of security and safety. They have to watch out for their people as well as for the customers. We had a cable guy steal from our basement. I didn't realize he did it for several weeks, but when I called they were extremely polite and careful. The guy was clearly ex law enforcement (I could tell) and knew what to ask. He was grateful that we reported the guy. They worry alot about hiring an idiot by mistake and having his/her actions take down the company.

It sounds like a pretty big company (I've never heard of it). Why should you be afraid? Tell them your fears, alert local law enforcement and your neighbors.

There is nothing wrong with the boots and stuff either
wink.png

Many years ago I was working with a guy that I found intensely creepy. I reported him to my boss who sort of blew off my concerns. But, he reassigned me so I wasn't working with the guy. One morning I came to my door to go to work and he was sitting on the hood of my car! I ran back inside and called the police. (Remember I had no proof that anything was wrong! Just my screaming gut) The police arrived and arrested him. Turns out he was wanted for rape!

Back
Top Bottom