My destiny has changed ! They moved in, pic's on on 36

Thanks guys
smile.png

I'm searching for ways to cover the top with weldered wire (how many posts, how many panels do I need and etc). And also searching for ideas for 8x8 coop with wheels and bottom also used for a run as well. I'm sure I'll get some ideas, sooner or later it will hit me
wink.png

Quote:
Well for the welded wire ... I am assuming you mean the run areas.... you could set posts evenly spaced Using Chainlink posts then slip a PVC T over the top and run a single support Wire through from T to T from one side of the run to the other. Sort of like they do for supporting Grapes. At the ends where the wire meets up with the parimeter of the coop you might have to put up a guy wire. to support the wall of the coop so the wire across the middle doesnt pull the fence in. You know sort of like a tent stake.... Then run your welded wire over the top. OR you could forego Wire over the top and use Netting. They make nets plenty big enough to put over your runs. Thats what I am going to use.

Just a couple of thoughts.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
Well for the welded wire ... I am assuming you mean the run areas.... you could set posts evenly spaced Using Chainlink posts then slip a PVC T over the top and run a single support Wire through from T to T from one side of the run to the other. Sort of like they do for supporting Grapes. At the ends where the wire meets up with the parimeter of the coop you might have to put up a guy wire. to support the wall of the coop so the wire across the middle doesnt pull the fence in. You know sort of like a tent stake.... Then run your welded wire over the top. OR you could forego Wire over the top and use Netting. They make nets plenty big enough to put over your runs. Thats what I am going to use.

Just a couple of thoughts.

I went over to homedepot again and checked if they have 8ft weldered wire but they didn't. I have 4ft ones. If I was to use wood, would I have to use wood every 4ft ? I have to lay it all out tomorrow morning and try to figure this thing out. I have 2 side of the run in chainlink fence and the other 2 sides in wood. I did find few sites that also used netting, but I would like to use wood and weldered wire same as the panels. But using pvc pipes will be less heavier. Got to think more. Thank you for the ideas Perchie Girl
smile.png
I really appriciate it. I'll post more pic's tomorrow.​

How about using just regular six foot tall 1" opening chicken wire fence? That would keep the birds and coons out and keep your chickens in. Plus it is a whole lot cheaper than welded wire. The net thing will work, but in a few years it will rot and have to be replaced.

What do your neighbors think about you having chickens in your backyard? Looks like you have other homes fairly close to yours.

Quote:
Posts and beams. Depending on snow load, EMT (conduit) is convenient, doesn't rust, cheap, and comes in ten foot lengths and has fasteners available. Otherwise its gonna be wood (some of it treated. There is less expensive wire available at "farm and ranch" type stores. You can quit worrying about your building skills, because from what I see you should be in the construction business. Then you get to tell them what to do instead of the other way 'round.
big_smile.png

p.s. 32X38 will house 125 chickens, so you're gonna be in the egg business like it or not:)

Last edited:
Quote:
Posts and beams. Depending on snow load, EMT (conduit) is convenient, doesn't rust, cheap, and comes in ten foot lengths and has fasteners available. Otherwise its gonna be wood (some of it treated. There is less expensive wire available at "farm and ranch" type stores. You can quit worrying about your building skills, because from what I see you should be in the construction business. Then you get to tell them what to do instead of the other way 'round.
big_smile.png

p.s. 32X38 will house 125 chickens, so you're gonna be in the egg business like it or not:)

Ooh and you can bend it with a Conduit bender..... I have one of those they run about 35 bucks. They have marks on them so you can get a consistent bend with practice. I am thinking of my own Roof dilema..... Slapping forehead... Back to the drawing board for me.....
th.gif
caf.gif

Quote:
On the pic's the building you see is our neighbors additional garage. They already have 3 car garage attached to the house and they made another one inside their backyard too. Where their run and the neighbors house, it will be approx. 400-500 ft away. So far, they don't mind. I couldn't find any 6' chicken wire or any other fence besides chainlink. Chainlink will be too heavy. There is another place I'm going to check it out tomorrow. If there is a 8ft high weldered, it would be terrific
big_smile.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

I'm going to check out Agway tomorrow. Today I rented a pick-up truck once again and picked up 10 2x4 16ft long treated wood along with 14 4x4's. And I finished putting weldered wiring on the panels (side one's). I am beat, worn out and ready to go to bed
th.gif
. But it will to another 7 hours before I can put my head on a pillow.

Thank you hon, I try to do my best, but I wish I knew more.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
big_smile.png

Ooh and you can bend it with a Conduit bender..... I have one of those they run about 35 bucks. They have marks on them so you can get a consistent bend with practice. I am thinking of my own Roof dilema..... Slapping forehead... Back to the drawing board for me.....
th.gif
caf.gif

I think ladies should open up their own chicken coop and run business LOL. We think more than men
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom