My destiny has changed ! They moved in, pic's on on 36

yuckyuck.gif

Yep I go down to the valley and buy 22 bales of hay. It takes three guys two to load and one to supervise.... each bale is 135-150 lbs depending on the moisture content. While I was strapping it down, one of them asks me who helps me Unload.... I smile at him and say... "You volunteering?" They just raise their eyebrows and waive as I drive away.

I dont tell them when I get home I tie a rope around the hay and around a stout fence post and gently drive out from under.....
lau.gif
I can stack it without lifting it by creating stairsteps with it. But I can only work it three bales High so I go LONG for my hay stack....
gig.gif

Same for building things. What I cant lift and cant be disassembled I get creative. I got a nine foot couch in the front door that was half an inch too narrow for it
barnie.gif
Not to mention off the truck and through a gate and up the steps.... couch will never be the same....
gig.gif
but the scuffs are on the back.

For the chicken coop I use Kennel panels. because I had them for a dog that was an escape master. No more dog so repurposed for chickens. When I moved up here I had five single car garage doors with me.... (garage door replacement companies will practically give them to you).. Two Grage doors make one wall 16' long of my original coop. I cant even lift one. But I can tip it and walk it on edge to position it. So I got the kennels up one end opened and leanded the garage doors in place. Not worrying about square. Soon as I had contact with the kennels I put on a strap bracket.... LOOSE. Then crowbarred the garage door up an in from the bottom till it came in contact with the Kennel. Once in position and not in danger I anchored them properly to the kennels with two by fours and pipe straps for electrical conduit.

right now Its so well built I am having the devil of a time figuring out how to disassemble before expanding the coop .... but I will do it it just will take time.

So we may not build conventionally but we get the job done and in the end its safe for the chickens and safe for us....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont do steel toed shoes because my horse weighs 2000 lbs.

perchie.girl :

yuckyuck.gif

Yep I go down to the valley and buy 22 bales of hay. It takes three guys two to load and one to supervise.... each bale is 135-150 lbs depending on the moisture content. While I was strapping it down, one of them asks me who helps me Unload.... I smile at him and say... "You volunteering?" They just raise their eyebrows and waive as I drive away.

I dont tell them when I get home I tie a rope around the hay and around a stout fence post and gently drive out from under.....
lau.gif
I can stack it without lifting it by creating stairsteps with it. But I can only work it three bales High so I go LONG for my hay stack....
gig.gif

Same for building things. What I cant lift and cant be disassembled I get creative. I got a nine foot couch in the front door that was half an inch too narrow for it
barnie.gif
Not to mention off the truck and through a gate and up the steps.... couch will never be the same....
gig.gif
but the scuffs are on the back.

For the chicken coop I use Kennel panels. because I had them for a dog that was an escape master. No more dog so repurposed for chickens. When I moved up here I had five single car garage doors with me.... (garage door replacement companies will practically give them to you).. Two Grage doors make one wall 16' long of my original coop. I cant even lift one. But I can tip it and walk it on edge to position it. So I got the kennels up one end opened and leanded the garage doors in place. Not worrying about square. Soon as I had contact with the kennels I put on a strap bracket.... LOOSE. Then crowbarred the garage door up an in from the bottom till it came in contact with the Kennel. Once in position and not in danger I anchored them properly to the kennels with two by fours and pipe straps for electrical conduit.

right now Its so well built I am having the devil of a time figuring out how to disassemble before expanding the coop .... but I will do it it just will take time.

So we may not build conventionally but we get the job done and in the end its safe for the chickens and safe for us....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont do steel toed shoes because my horse weighs 2000 lbs.

I'm sure you'll do it, no doubt about it
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Here is the run in the new location 32x32 Since the corner isn't straight, I think it's more alike 32x38. All painted today and got more weldered wire for the roof.

73058_dsc03259.jpg

73058_dsc03260.jpg

This is from the inside of the run looking back at the house.
73058_dsc03261.jpg

73058_dsc03262.jpg

Thank you Kuntrygirl
smile.png
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be working on the roof. I am just overwhelmed at how I'm going to cover all that top lol.

Back
Top Bottom